Is your home getting too small, but you don’t want the hassle of selling and moving? A well-planned home addition can give you the house you want while allowing you to stay in the home and community you love. Here are the top reasons to consider a home remodel that includes an addition. Getting Space You’ll Love
What room would make your home perfect?
- Have you dreamed about a big, comfortable master suite where you can relax in a massage chair, luxuriate in a jetted tub, or spend “just us” time?
- Do you need another bedroom and bathroom for your growing or blended family?
- Is a gourmet kitchen with amenities like an island with cooktop and prep sink, granite countertops over hardwood cabinets, or appliances from Wolf and Sub-Zero a lifestyle upgrade you’d enjoy?
- Would family togetherness be enhanced with a home theater, game room, or library complete with a fireplace? Is your home becoming too cluttered?
- Would a room for storage – perhaps in combination with an updated laundry or a home office – keep items near at hand without being in the way?
- Is there a family member with certain tastes or activities that call for their own room – perhaps a space to shoot pool, watch sports, and enjoy a premium cigar with friends?
- Many hobbies deserve their own space, including painting, fiber arts, woodworking, restoring cars, wine collecting, or displaying trophies or memorabilia.
These are just a few of the “wish list” rooms that can be included in a remodeling project that adds beauty, comfort, fun, practical utility and value to the home.
Having a Home for Extended Family
As parents age, they still want their independence, but you also want them close so you can spend time with them, keep an eye on them, and help them get to appointments and activities. At the other end of the generation spectrum, in many families, adult kids are moving in with their parents to share expenses. While it’s great to have parents, kids and grandkids near, private space is essential for everyone.
Building an apartment or suite for the extended family as part of a home remodel accomplishes these purposes and has other benefits. The addition boosts home value and makes it more sellable, as many buyers are looking for a house to accommodate the extended family.
Keep your Home and Neighborhood
While many families want more space, there are things they definitely don’t want to give up, such as:
- A home they love, even if they’d prefer it to be larger
- Landscaping they’ve invested time and money in to beautify
- A great neighborhood with friends for adults and kids
- Proximity to work and to preferred schools, shopping, professional services and recreation
Finding a home in your neighborhood that is for sale and has the space and amenities you want is a daunting task and might simply be impossible. The obvious solution is an addition that transforms your existing house into the home you want.
Craig Lord Construction Company is an award-winning design-build firm in Moorestown, New Jersey. We would be glad to discuss your family’s needs for an addition and honored to build it for you. Contact us: 856-235-4237.